So much makeup, but you only have one face? We know the struggle and we got you. Here are the only 5 makeup essentials you’ll need this season.
A light-weight foundation or BB Cream
It’s warmer, we dressing cooler so of course we want something light-weight on our skin. A light-weight foundation or a BB or CC cream is perfect for the warmer months of the year.
Phytomer CC Cream
Garnier BB Cream
A cream blush
We are specifically choosing a cream blush because of the power it has to make you look naturally flushed and glowy at the same time.
LA Girl Cream Blush
Beauty Tip : Forgot to put on blush? Apply a bit of your cream lipstick or gloss onto your cheeks and blend. Sorted 😉
Some of us light a more natural glow and some of us want to look like we have taken a bath in a tub of glow. It is all your choice, but a glow is necessary.
LA Girl cream highlight
GOSH Gaint Sun Bronzer – This product does just give you the most natural, beautiful glow but you also look sunkissed AF.
Wet ‘n Wild highlight
An easy brow product
We don’t want to take 20min carving out ONE brow, no, no. We don’t have time for that. We natural looking, fluffy full brows. Yes, yes. We want something we just pull through the brow and we good to go.
Maybelline Brow Artist waterproof gel
Maybelline brow gel
Loreal Brow Pencil
Essence Make me brow
Benefit Clear brow gel
A Bold lipstick & a nude gloss
Your bold lippy doesn’t have to be matte. We are loving glosses that are super pigmented too. We also loving all the nude. The more you glow, the more we love.
Wet ‘n Wild Glosses
Maybelline Liquid Lipsticks
Essence Shine Shine Shine Glosses
We interviewed the powerhouse behind Laser Beautique, Tzvia Hermann. Below are her answers to our questions, ranging from how she got into the industry and what her favourite treatments at The Laser Beautique are.
1. Your fullname: Tzvia Hermann
2. Tell us a bit about yourself :
From a young age I had entrepreneurship in my veins showing a keen interest in business. At age 6 I brought my father a purse full of change and when asked where I got the money from I explained how I sold left over balloons from one of my birthday parties.
I was inspired by my own mother Chana, a single mother of three girls, who managed to put herself through beauty school education and start her own beauty salon from a bedroom in their family home, which Chana later moved to a shopping centre. My mom, Chana would serve as a great role model in business as her passion for beauty and her nurturing personality left loyal customers refusing treatment from any other therapist but her. I was always amazed at how everything that my mom taught me was true in its essence. “If you look good, you feel good; when you feel good, you are more confident and can face the world and reach your goals. If my clients trust that I can help them look and feel amazing inside and out, they won’t want to go anywhere else.” said Chana.
3. Please give us a quick overview of what you do for a living, how long you’ve been doing it and why you do what you do?
I founded The Beautique Group in 2009. Launched with The Laser Beautique which is a group of aesthetic clinics. We focus of hair removal and skin (antiaging, correcting and hydrating). I founded The Laser Beautique when I discovered the first pain free permanent laser hair removal technology existed. We then started specialising in skin. I’m passionate about making others feel comfortable in their own skin. When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good you are generally a better person and project positvity and attract positivity.
Organically, we moved into aesthetic training due to the lack thereof in South Africa. We launched The Laser Beautique group in 2009. We then again naturally moved into importing and distributing technologies that were not available in South Africa. Neil (my husband) and I launched the first Laser Beautique in Morningside Shopping Centre. Today, The Laser Beautique is a national aesthetic destination.
Beautique Brands now distributes 5 amazing brands. CooLifting from Spain, Apilus from Canada, Snob Milano and SunsGood from Italy and Otentik from Israel. We have recently launched BeauLasers. This is a series of our very own lasers. We launched with the revolutionary BeauLase Remove. This is a state of the art device that allows our aestheticians to treat using all 3 wavelengths in one handpiece. We are in the process of launching Beauceuticals which is our very own skincare product.
4. How did you first get into the beauty industry?
My mother is a beauty therapist, my sister is a therapist. I studied law and as a hobby took up design and fell in love with marketing. I grew up in my moms salon, playing with all her equipment, gadgets, potions and lotions. So beauty is in my blood.
5. What is one of the biggest beauty or skincare myths, in your opinion?
I think there are many, many, myths and even more gimmicks. Conventional, old school facials are not a myth exactly, but they a thing of the past. I dont understand why anyone has a regular facial these days or why anyone would use anything else but a cosmeceutical on their skin. We live in the age of technology, everyone should be keeping their finger on the pulse or have a trusted aesthetician who brings the latest in result driven tech to their clients. Anyone serious about their skin should be having tech facials as well as using the correct homecare products to maintain the results. We see a dentist and an orthodontist regularly and we still go home and brush our teeth twice a day. Your skin should also be looked after twice a day!
6. Please talk us through your daily beauty routine?
I’m all about the results…and I have zero patients. I think that’s why Laser beautique is such a success. We only offer result driven treatments and products that I have tried and am satisfied with. I was on regima for a long time, I love the products. Very rich and hydrating. I switched to Nimue when we started thinking of stocking the brand. I was so pleasantly surprised! Nimue is a breath of fresh air. What beautiful and luxurious product. I am now using Optiphi which we recently launched in Laser Beautique. This product has blown me away. The amount of thought and effort that has been put into each product is incredible. From the ingredients to the bottling and packaging. I love that we have the DNA analysis so we can now match product to what our clients DNA requires we have taken the guessing out of consultations. I always swop my regime. As soon as I’m done I’ll rotate and go back to Regima and then again the Nimue or another product if it promises results and intrigues me.
I cleanse, use my serums, eye cream, neck and decolette cream twice a day, morning and night and while I watch the telly or relaxing I use my BeauRejuve, home held device. I love it! It’s such a nifty little gadget. Really helps me keep up with my skin regime especially if I can’t make it in for a facial when I need it.
7. What’s your favourite beauty treatment that The Laser Beautique offers, and why?
Oooo…difficult question. I love my Beaulase Remove! Itd is the best laser hair removal treatment I have experienced to date. There are all 3 wavelengths in one device. ND Yag, Diode and Alexandrite wavelengths in one hand piece. Usually salons only have one wavelength so it’s super effective
As for facials, my favourite is having a pen needling treatment followed by CooLift. It’s feels like iv been photoshopped in 45min
8. Your top 3 skincare must-haves/ must-dos?
Pain free permanent laser hair removal. It’s a no brainer. Why suffer, why wax or shave when you can get rid of unsightly hair permanently and painlessly.
Face Fit workouts are a must have! If you serious about slowing down the hands of time and looking after your skin, Face Fit is for you! Its not a facial. It’s a work out! We have over 50 muscles in our face and neck. If going to the gym to exercise our body muscles is a priority then why do we not exercise our facial muscles? Skincare starts way beneath the skin. Its starts in our muscles. So work em.
Hydration is key. People dont realise that most fine lines is due to lack of moisture in the skin. Lots of hylaronic acid. Check ingredients in the products you using. Hylaronic acid is a moisture magnet. We produce hylaronic acid naturally in our bodies but as we age it decreases. So keep pumping moisture back into your skin. With homecare products and in salon treatments like CooLifting
9. People often think The Laser Beautique only offers LASER, tell us what else there is available at TLB?
We offer the very best, result driven technology facials for example, needling, peels, CooLift. We offer Apilus electrolysis for pain free permanent hair removal of light hair and Face Fit work outs. We also offer medical massage, antiaging injectables and fillers, a couple branches offer mani’s and pedis, lashes, microblading…our website has a full list of our offering, do check it out www.thelaserbeautique.co.za
Below you can find the links to all the brands mentioned above :
The Laser Beautique
Website : www.thelaserbeautique.co.za
The Laser Lady
Website : www.apilus.co.za
Website for Sun’s good & Snob Milano : www.snobmilanosa.co.za
Website : www.otentiksunshade.co.za
We all want it, we all envy babes who have it and we are all wondering how they do it. We here to tell you it is not as hard as you think it is and that you too can glow from within without having to put on about 4l of face & body oil.
We here this ALL.THE.TIME and it is probably one of those things we all know we should be doing but don’t always stick to 2l a day. This makes a huge difference. Drinking 2l of water today won’t have you glowing tomorrow BUT drinking AT LEAST 1l a day (try for more though) will certainly have you glowing in a few weeks time.
Water isn’t the only glow from within magic potion and I want to rather swift focus onto green juice and how amazing green juice is for your skin. This is tried and tested and know from personal experience that green juice is absolutely amazing for clearing up the skin and having it glow from within.
I had a green juice daily for a month & the difference I saw in my skin after just 7 days of doing this was incredible. While green juice doesn’t only just do wonders for the skin, it really does do so much for your overall health and wellness too.
– It keeps your hair looking healthy too
– It has you feeling more energised during the day
– It boosts your immune system
– And it assists in weightloss
I think the magic is in the word GREEN. And incorporating a lot of green veggies into your daily meals and beverages does make the world of a difference.
We all want beautiful, white teeth but we don’t always look after our teeth as well as we should. Here are three easy steps to keep your smile beautiful, healthy and fresh. It’s as easy as brushing, flossing and rinsing. Sounds easy enough right? Which do you do first though? The Sunstar GUM #HealthySmiles123 poll is asking South Africans for their opinion. Cast your vote on www.ivohealth.co.za/GUMHealthySmiles123 – you could win a Sunstar GUM oral care kit worth over R800.
- Brush: Brush correctly twice a day for two minutes each time.
- Sunstar GUM ActiVital Sonic Toothbrush – This sonic toothbrush comes in black or white. It is sleek, stylish and comfortable to use. The ultra-tapered bristles are scientifically proven to remove up to 50% more plaque from between the teeth than a manual toothbrush and it reaches deeper below the gumline. You can purchase this toothbrush from Dis-Chem, selected dentists and pharmacies. Replacement heads cost R86 for a 2-pack.
- GUM Original White toothpaste –This toothpaste helps to remove stains and prevent their reappearance without damaging the tooth enamel. It contains fluoride to reinforce tooth enamel, as well as vitamins for healthier gums. It contains low-abrasive micro-silica to gently remove surface stains and a unique StainClear agent to help dissolve stains in hard-to-reach areas.
- Clean In-Between: Floss in-between your teeth every day with whatever interdental tool suits you best. Personally, I prefer to floss.
- GUM Original White floss– This floss contains fluoride and special micronized high cleaning silica in the outer wax that makes it about four times more effective than regular floss at removing stains between the teeth and below the gum line.
- GUM Soft-Picks Advanced – These soft-picks are the latest disposable dental picks with soft rubber bristles that remove plaque and debris whilst gently massaging and stimulating the gums.
- Rinse: For an extra-clean mouth rinse with an alcohol-free mouthwash.
- GUM Original White mouth rinse – This mouth rinse is alcohol-free andcontains StainClear to help remove stains from in-between the teeth and the tiny crevices in tooth enamel. Made with a patented combination of fluoride, Isomalt, and vitamins, Original White Rinse delivers advanced mineralisation for stronger and shinier teeth, helping prevent further staining while strengthening gums and teeth.
Happy brushing, flossing and rinsing Beauties.